Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boredom + stress = ?

Hey all, Jon writing for once. I'll try to note when it's me, so we can keep the confusion to a minimum. I'm at work, and as usual, we're dead. When you're paid $5 per hour and the bulk of your paycheck comes from commission, this is not a good thing. We're in way over our heads financially lately, and every day that goes by when I don't sell poop tends to wear on me a bit. I tend to be very segmented by nature- it takes quite a bit for me to stress over something, or to get unnerved in any way. This is doing it. I'm still waiting to hear about my Police Department application status; I'm on the last step of the process, and still waiting. And for the love of Pete, if people don't quit asking me "Have you heard anything?", I may have to bonk someone over the head with something that won't cause permanent damage. I'll freaking tell you when I know something, dangit. But, we're still alive. We may have an empty bank account and debt to our ears, but we're alive, and we'll climb out of it. I'm not sure how just yet, but I have a wife who's very good with money and a fairly full closet, so hopefully I won't need to buy any more clothes for awhile. The bad thing about retail consulting is that you have to look good all the time. For me, that can sometimes be hard work...or just expensive work. Some guys can throw on a $200 suit and pull it off. I can't. Not fair. Out!

No comments: