Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life is a Blur

The semester is nearing an end and I still have a presentation and 2 or 3 tests left in my micro class, 2 assignments and 2 major tests in patho left to survive. I know I will - mostly because I have no other choice ha I am ready for a break though. I started working at Macy's seasonally for some extra money for those lovely end of the year tax bills. Fortunately it's very close to our house so I don't spend a lot of extra time driving like my husband has to spend driving to Independence. I'm gradually getting some look into his world of retail and I honestly don't know how he's done it for 3 years! I highly doubt I would have lasted that long. Not that's bad but I just don't see doing it full time for so long. My 2ish days a week are just fine with me! :o) Things have finally picked up at work for Jon though which is such a blessing. He'll be working mostly 6 days a week now as they've entered the 'fourth quater' with holidays and such. Sales have been so much more profitable lately and I suppose it's perfect timing - we got our tax bill last night so we have approxmately 6 weeks to pay down a large bill without incuring late fees and such. I know God will provide - we just have to maintain discipline to not buy all the things we see along the way haha It's so hard to believe the holidays are upon us...

2 comments:

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clare said...

Yep, been there done that. Retail can actually be fun this time of year. When I worked at the Buckle we gift-wrapped for free. I spent a lot of time cutting paper and twisting bows. Now I get to be on the other side of the counter and I am a lot nicer to the salesclerks!