Saturday, October 18, 2008

1 step forward, 2 steps back

Good news first: Jon got a letter from the KCPD advising he is in the eligibility pool for the next academy class! They are not yet sure of the date (so it probably won't be November, awww) but they'll call him when they secure a date and go from there. Very exciting!

Bad news: I 'just so happen' to go to a Pampered Chef party today hosted by my first college roommate. Well it's been a very long time since we all truly caught up and she, our other roommate and her best friend, and I were talking and I mentioned where I was looking at going for the program. It took about half a second for them to tell me not to go there! Well I had forgotten they are admission reps for another career college in the area and they know lot more about stuff like this than I do. For instance, accredidation - apparently the school I was looking at is not accredited itself which means even if the program is, I won't be able to take those classes and move up in degrees (BSN, NP) without repeating classes. It makes sense that an accreditted school won't take courses from a non-accreditted school but I had no idea the school itself wasn't accredited!

So long story kinda short, my 'plan B' is now no longer a plan at all. Now I have to contact them Monday and cancel all the appointments I had lined up though at least now I don't have to worry about making up graduation/high school documents to prove myself to corporate (which was a big flag in itself). The silver lining to this, though, is the school my friends are reps for is actually opening their own BSN program in the spring and since I have connections I will know immediately when enrollment starts! I am determined for this to work somehow, somewhere. I know I'm supposed to be a nurse and apparently I'm going to appreciate my journey there greatly being as I'm having so many bumps along the way.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Clare said...

I just always ask myself how I will feel about whatever is happening 10 years from now. Most of the time I realize that the "joy is in the journey". Trust me, I know all about waiting-this is Joel's second 12 month deployment! Try to thrive, not just survive!:) You have accomplished so much already.